Help make Syracuse Vegfest unforgettable -sign up here to volunteer!
Syracuse Vegfest, hosted by Vegan CNY and brought you by Strong Hearts Cafe, arrives October 19, 2019, from 10am-5pm in the Science and Industry Building on the NY State Fairgrounds.
lauren Ornelas – Founder and Executive Director at Food Empowerment Project, a food justice 501(c)(3) organization.
Faith and Ben Rayland – Coach Ben (CSCS) is owner/operator at Rampage Strength and Conditioning and Faith is a mom who feeds 7 hungry people every day.
Dr. Marcelle Haddix – Chair of Reading and Language Arts and Dean’s Associate Professor at Syracuse University, co-Director of the Lender Center for Social Justice, Director of Writing Our Lives project, Director of Dark Girls after school program, and owner of Zen G Yoga
The V Spot podcast – Dani and Katt will be moderating a panel of local vegan restaurateurs including Joel Capolongo of Strong Hearts Cafe, here in Syracuse, Andrea Parros of The Red Fern in Rochester, Sara and Lei Liu of Parlor City Vegan in Binghamton, and Joey Berben of Berben and Wolff’s in Albany.
Food Preparation Demonstration: A’keema Austin, RD of Holistic Supernatural, Chris Cooney of Vegan Zombie, Britt LoSacco of Leaves of Kale
Syracuse VegFest seeks to inspire people to reduce animal suffering, improve their health, and protect the environment by choosing a plant-based lifestyle.
- A food court highlighting some of Central New York’s most delicious vegan dishes
- Cooking demonstrations with local chefs
- Kids’ area with programming
- Shopping from vegan/vegan-friendly retailers and vendors
- Nationally recognized speakers on a variety of subjects
- All of this and more, with free admission and free parking at the New York State Fairgrounds!
Syracuse Vegfest is hosted by Vegan CNY, Inc.